Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Influenster Beauty Blogger VoxBox

Today I'm going to review a few of the products I received from Influenster. These are the three that really stood out (in a good and bad way). 



NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact



The primer and illuminator were very nice. I expected them to be sticky, but they glided on very nicely. The primer was my skin tone, so it blended out very well. However, I don't know if that would be the case with darker skin tones. 

My favorite of the four shadows is the dark charcoal color. It has a light metallic sheen and great pigmentation. While picking color up with a blending brush, the color got a bit powdery in the pan but had I used a flat brush, that may not have occurred. 

The silver was pretty and fairly pigmented, but didn't blend out well. I also had trouble with the black. I was very disappointed with the pigmentation. The swatches above show the color OVER the primer provided...Case and point. The only positive thing about the black was the fact that there was very little fall-out. 

Overall, this palette is pretty good for the price point. It comes with everything you need to create a smokey bombshell look. Below is a look I created using this palette.




Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit



I loved that this kit provided me with all the tools I needed to apply lashes. I also liked how full the lashes are. 

These lashes were very difficult to work with. They were hard to bend and very inflexible. I felt like the eyelash would not form to the shape of my eye which made it look even more like fake lashes. This lack of flexibility made it difficult to apply the ends of the lashes to my eye. Below, you will see just how unnatural the lashes look on my eye.

I also didn't like the glue. It was almost too sticky. Because of the stickiness, the lashes kept getting stuck to the tweezers, resulting in difficult application. If I were to have used a different glue, I believe the tweezers would have been great for application. The smell of the glue also turned me off. It smelled like a very strong school glue...not a fan. 

No good....


Bath & Body Works Mini Candles

I'm in love with this candle. The scent I was given was Pumpkin Cupcake. It combines my two favorite candle scents; pumpkin and vanilla and absolutely SCREAMS Fall. It burns true to its unlit scent and I still have plenty of candle left to burn, making it long-lasting. 

Influenster was nice enough to provide a coupon to get a three-wick size of this scent for $10. I didn't get a chance to use it, but it won't stop me from picking one of these up when they go on sale at the end of the season! 





Products were provided by Influenster for review.

1 comment:

  1. I love ANYTHING pumpkin spice. Turning it into a cupcake sounds like a Win-Win situation to me. Love the smokey bombshell look!

    ReplyDelete